2.18.2015

Wonderland


A collection of objects and drawings that I've gathered over the years to finally create an "Alice in Wonderland" themed assemblage. I've been asked before to create an Alice piece, but I've never had the right inspiration to find the best composition. Inspired by the drawings in the background of my Lurking piece, I was able to make an assemblage with a neutral color palette and a minimalist composition.


The top section is a clear wax fill over a handwritten exerpt from the opening of the story with a pocket watch embedded. 


I used the same technique over a stamped background with embedded keys. 





Other objects such as doll legs, bottles, cards, keyholes, teacups, and natural materials were added in other sections. Plus that cute rabbit that I'm proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Browse Works by Theme