($25) Saturday January 29th, 10:00am-2:00pm
Encaustic painting uses various types of wax, paint and ephemera to create multi-layered works. This class is for anyone interested in learning the various techniques of encaustic painting. You will be given most of the materials you will need and can take away as many pieces as you can finish! Topics covered will include:
Alternative (cheaper) Materials
Art students, enthusiasts and community members of any age are welcome! Come learn an exciting and different technique and build your portfolio and experience!
· At least one large Natural fiber brush, not synthetic! These will not withstand the heat!
· Any collage materials; black and white photos, clip art, scrapbook paper, newspaper, etc.
· Any kind of stylus (wooden spoons work fine! Any kind of blunt handheld wooden tool!)
· Fine Grit Sandpaper (recommended)
· Any kind of incising tool (toothpicks, clay tools, pizza cutters, etc. ) be creative! Everything works differently!
Encaustic painting gives the artist the opportunity to work on many different visual levels while maintaining a 2-dimensional work. It is highly versatile and can incorporate endless materials. Please join us to see your imagination will interpret all of the various possibilities!
MOXIE ART SUPPLY AND ART STUDIO
316 N. Maple Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130 615.849.1131